Progress and Problem Solving
Current Problem: my horse stance needs to be lowered in my sword form
Solution 1) just be mindful, and do it lower
Solution 2) lower my high-back stance in the previous move to make the transition easier
Solution 3) change the timing of the elbow in the move to see if that allows me to sink lower
Solution 4) look for a spot in other school form repertoire that has a similar core movement/idea that can help me figure out additional solutions
Investigation 1) this does not feel feasible, I notice I am sitting up higher subconsciously, but on purpose. My body knows that I need to be sitting a bit higher if I want more power in my strike, why is this? How can I change the intent of my strike to facilitate a deeper stance with equal power as what I am feeling now?
Investigation 2) this helps, a step in the right direction
Investigation 3) leaving the elbow behind allows me to connect it to my hip/stance/settling I’m aware of this now. I also need to work further on understanding the path of the elbow during the transition but I think that will be tackled later, I think for the most part the elbow timing is less critical than I originally thought for this problem
Investigation 4) Lau Gar II the transition from the punch into the catch/trap: this is the closest I could find to replicate the motion. I really tried to focus on the mechanics of this move and apply it to the technique I’m having issues with in my own form; in doing so I feel like I found a new understanding for this move that I never realized before! (The release of power happens during the contraction! And the back hip screws into place in a way that feels like a technique where we launch the hand off the hip during transition but inverted! Fascinating!!)
I’m not sure I solved my problem, but I do have a clearer understanding of this technique (and also a similar technique in a completely different form) so progress, if not problem solving.
|
|
Current Total |
|
Push-ups |
17610 |
|
Sit-Ups |
17645 |
|
AOK |
387 |
|
Km |
1357 |
|
Blogs |
18 |
|
Sparring |
31 |
|
Hand Form |
133 |
|
Weapon Form |
203 |
|
Repair Relationship |
0 |
Comments
Post a Comment