Disengaged
I’ve been feeling very disconnected from the team lately. And it’s entirely my fault.
It is always lovely to get to see everyone for our in person classes, and I’m excited to train more with everyone as we transition to more frequent in person Saturdays, but I have been absolutely failing at my online engagement requirement. I have never read so few blogs in a year and I am really starting to feel the isolation from everyone.
I know I need to read them, I know I need to engage with them, I want to read them, but it always slips my mind and I don’t know how to make my brain remember. No matter how many times I try to resolve that I will catch up on old blogs, I will stay caught up from now on, I just don’t, and I have no idea why. I know where I am, I don’t know what I’m doing.
So time for a concrete plan. I’m going to add it to my numbers tracker and force myself to write down everyday I’m interacting, and every day I’m not. I can’t know what I’m doing if I have no data. So I will start collecting some.
I want to apologize to the team for being so uninvolved in everyone’s journey this year, it makes me sad to think about all the joy I’ve missed from your successes, and all the lows I haven’t helped make a bit easier as you faced your setbacks. I’m going to try this plan, and if it doesn’t end up working I will keep trying until it works because I want to be a part of everyone's journey together in our first ever Kao Shi team. This feels like a momentous occasion in our schools history and I want to remember it through all the memories of our collective journeys.
|
|
Current Total |
|
Push-ups |
21149 |
|
Sit-Ups |
21287 |
|
AOK |
387 |
|
Km |
1415 |
|
Blogs |
20 |
|
Sparring |
31 |
|
Hand Form |
135 |
|
Weapon Form |
210 |
|
Repair Relationship |
0 |
|
Online Engagement |
0 |
Comments
Post a Comment