Re-engage Progress

It has been lovely having some consistency reading the rest of the teams blogs and connecting more online. Reading everybody’s struggles makes me feel not so alone with the things I’ve been struggling with, reading people’s successes is motivating me to make progress of my own. Getting to ask people specific questions about what they’ve been doing in their training recently has allowed me to have deeper conversations than wouldn’t be possible if I was only reading blogs, or only asking people about their training; it’s something about how having both the context for the train-of-thought from their blog tying together with in-person-real-time thoughts that allows me a more nuanced understanding of what they’re working on. 

Not that I have a ton of consistency to back me up yet but so far I have only missed 4 days of not reading someone’s blog and I’m proud of how I was able to change my mindset in terms of my online engagement. It is a bit strange how sometimes when I’m on the “other side” of a struggle, something that used to seem daunting and impossible, a task that continually slipped through my awareness becomes easy overnight. Once that switch is flipped my brain gets rid of all resistance, but getting to the point of being able to flip the switch is the real battle, not the work itself? I’m not entirely sure and I want to try to dig deeper to figure out why this seems to be true (but it is late and I am running out of steam so that will need to be a blog for another time). 

All in all I’m excited to read more about everyone’s training and I hope to be able to read blogs from some of my teammates I haven’t heard from yet!


Current Total

Push-ups

23356

Sit-Ups

23501

AOK

387

Km

1642

Blogs

22

Sparring

34

Hand Form

140

Weapon Form

210

Repair Relationship

0

Online Engagement

10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Harmonies V4.7

Mastery 1/20

Lion Dancing//Sparring